This fast paced 2 day Workshop and experiential session, provides a unique opportunity to practice facilitation in a non-judgmental and totally supportive environment.
We spend so much time in meetings and are being asked to achieve so many results in teams that facilitation is fast becoming a required skill for everyone! In fact, it's impossible to build a team, solve problems, or run a decision-making meeting without highly developed facilitation skills.
- Learn about the role of the facilitator in managing meetings and fostering teamwork
- Practice using appropriate language
- Develop conflict resolution skills
- Gain experience using process tools that help make meetings more effective
Who Should Attend?
- Team leaders and members
- Task force and committee chairs
- Project managers
- Department managers
- HR professionals
- Internal Organization Development consultants
Each participant will have the opportunity to facilitate small group discussions and receive detailed feedback and coaching after each performance.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Use the core facilitation tools and techniques
- Adapt the facilitator's role according to the developmental stage of your team or group
- Deal with conflict in groups and make immediate interventions
- Deal with resistance and build buy-in for achieving goals
- Assess a group's needs and design effective meeting processes
- Make your meetings back home more effective
- Facilitation Workbook
- The comprehensive facilitation text Facilitating With Ease!
- Our pocket guide Facilitation at a Glance, 3rd edition!
| || |
Facilitation at a Glance! 3rd edition is packed with even more resources and an exciting new look! It will be available by the time you schedule this course.
Facilitation at a Glance! continues to give a comprehensive overview of the role of the facilitator and the essential core practices that are always in play. Included are a compendium of strategies for gaining buy-in, ensuring participation, overcoming resistance, building consensus and creating a positive team climate.
The book retains all the things that made the first two editions so popular: the summary pages, checklists and tip sheets. In addition there are many new features.
Existing sections about what to do at the start, middle and end of facilitated sessions have been greatly expanded. The chapter on decision-making methods has been revamped to include more strategies about when to use each approach. New material has been added to the conflict management chapter related to ineffective behaviors. The new edition also contains additional process tools and much more about facilitating distance meetings.
The most notable update is an entirely new chapter about how leaders can balance the facilitator role with their other duties, since most facilitation is actually done by leaders and not neutral outsiders.
We are confident that this new and improved version of Facilitation at a Glance! will become an indispensable part of your toolkit! It will be an excellent resource to fall back on and reference once you complete this workshop.
To schedule a workshop or for additional information, please call us at 800.643.4316 or 603.893.1944.