Common problems are just that...all too common. What you need is a common language and approach to problem solving across the entire organization or company.
This workshop develops a core competency that everyone needs to succeed in today's organization, particularly in the global competitive job market. It assists organizations in developing a standardized, yet flexible process that integrates easily into any current company format, providing a powerful road map for problem solving that follows the time-honored Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle.
Who Should Attend
Everyone in your organization can benefit from the simple seven-step process presented in this workshop, but it's an absolute must for those who deal with production, process, or customer service problems.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and solve problems in less time and achieve measurable results
- A hands-on problem-solving simulation, integrating both data tools and decision-making tools, that mirrors "real world" experience
- How to involve everyone in the problem-solving process
- How the Seven-Step Model is integrated into the time-honored Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle
- The advantage of using data and process flow to focus on a problem
- Paths to identify the root causes for the problem(s) and to reach consensus on the key cause(s)
- Three integrated planning tools to develop practical and detailed solutions
- Techniques to move from planning to implementation with a documented means of follow-up
- How to evaluate the implementation to ensure that the desired improvement produces measurable results
- Methods to ensure the gains are maintained and the improvements are celebrated
Basic Problem Solving is also referred to as Hoshin Kanri and Policy Deployment.
- A problem-solving workshop that includes a model with detailed steps and a participant guide for each of the key tools
- The Memory Jogger 2
- The Problem Solving Memory Jogger 2nd Edition
- Worksheets for the simulated activity
I would like to say that I think this training was excellent. The instructor Lisa was very knowledgeable and able to articulate effectively some of the more complex components of this training. It was nice to see everything presented in a useful way that didn’t intimidate anyone or discourage learning. I also liked the group learning sessions that were an integrated part of the training that allowed us to apply the lessons being taught. This not only got everyone directly involved in the subject matter but also got people from other departments that don’t normally work together to interact and communicate to accomplish their objective. This was a good team building exercise in addition to providing a practical application that can be applied to a wide range of positions and departments. I really enjoyed this training.
Having a training background I can tend to be a little critical. With that being said - this was the best training session I have attended since being at Weiler. Not only was the instructor extremely knowledgeable, she had high energy and added humor to the training which made the training fun. The material was presented in a very easy to understand, clear and concise manner. The level of class participation was perfect. This was a very large class yet Lisa kept everyone’s focus and class never spiraled out of control. Lisa demonstrated how to use the training handouts (green and blue books) by incorporating them in each lesson.
This class was awesome! I’ve been at Weiler for a long time and have attended many training sessions. This is definitely at the top of the list. The material was relevant for immediate use, and was well presented. It was obvious that Lisa is an expert in this area.
— Weiler Corporation
To schedule a workshop or for additional information, please call us at 800.643.4316 or 603.893.1944.